viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010

Newspaper contribution 6: Favorite Meal

It really is a difficult task to decide which is my favorite food, to the extent that I can mention my favorite: macaroni with some tomato sauce, served with tuna, meat or alone, also spaghetti with butter, cheese and chips pepper, I also like rice with shrimp, "casado" to any "picadillo" accompanied by pork, chicken or fish and of course the “gallo pinto” with eggs and sour cream, our traditional food.

Mainly I prefer the food prepared in my home, my mom, my aunt or the meals my grandmother gave us when she lived, she was unique cooking.

I enjoy going on family Curridabat a restaurant called "El Balcón del Marisco", where I always eat "dedos de dorado", breaded shrimp or with garlic, and always rice with shrimp.

Within junk food, as a last resort, I like McDonald's with fries, cheese bourgeois, the Quarter Pounder with cheese and Big Mac. Another alternative is to Pizza Hut with their lasagna, pizza supreme and garlic bread.


Macaroni with Spiced Beef and Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground sirloin
2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup dry red wine
2 tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 8-ounce cans tomato sauce

8 ounces large macaroni
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Heat oil in heavy large pot over high heat. Add meat and onions and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add cinnamon, cayenne, and cloves; sauté 5 minutes. Add wine, tomatoes, and tomato sauce; simmer until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill sauce uncovered until cool, then cover and chill. Rewarm before continuing).

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add to sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.

Look great, but never like my mom makes macaroni XD.



Source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Macaroni-with-Spiced-Beef-and-Tomato-Sauce-106477

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario